Marriage is a union of two people (same sex or of opposite sexes) who commit to romantically loving and caring for each other and to sharing the burdens and benefits of domestic life. Or you can say it is the process by which two people who love each other make their relationship public, official, and permanent. The growth of marriage requires trust, commitment, skills, caring, and efforts. Strong, healthy marriages do not just happen by chance. Rather, the spouses in such marriages have chosen to make the effort to make them strong, healthy, and satisfying.
Falling in love is a beautiful thing. It can be all-consuming, and make you feel like you can take on the world. But, sustaining long term love can be difficult. If you want to be with the love of your life forever, then always make your marriage a top priority. Here are some easy ways to strengthen and keep improving an already awesome partnership. Even if you’re not married yet, you can start practicing these tips to enjoy your relationship even more throughout the wedding-planning process.
1. Make your loved one your first priority. If the phone rings in the middle of a discussion, let him finish what he is saying and then pick up the phone or call back.
2. Be willing to learn from each other. The key is to see the other as a mirror and learn from the reflection how you can be a better person. When you feel upset, rather than blame your partner and point fingers, remain awake to what has yet to be healed in yourself.
3. Talk about your early days of life. Rather than bringing up the past in a wistful sense, express appreciation for all the ways that your spouse has helped you.
4. Be helpful. Help him/her in kitchen or in work.
5. Show your affection in whatever way you can. There’s a difference between knowing that you’re loved and feeling that you’re loved.
6. Share. Share your love, fears and responsibility. Don’t be greedy by trying to be all and do all. Excluding him from your life will push him away.
7. Try not to argue over finances. Instead of arguing over money, brainstorm ideas of saving and earning more together.
8. Be a friend and a partner. Be a best friend to your loved one. Do not say things that you wouldn’t have said to your best friend and have fun when you can.
9. Let the other know that you love him, despite his flaws. You love him just as he/she is.
10. Bond with each other’s families. It’s a gift to your spouse when you blend in well with his parents and siblings.
11. Thank him for every little bit of love and cares he gives you. Everyone loves to hear a “thank you” once in a while.
12. Appreciate and acknowledge his achievements. Whether in studies, career or homemaking, acknowledging his hard work is something he will greatly appreciate.
13. Have a long meaningful conversation. Having a meaningful conversation with your partner will help the two of you get closer.
14. Hold hands in public. Showing public displays of affection can help your relationship.
15. Be loyal. Make sure he/she knows that you will always be there for him/her. Put him/her first in your life as much as you possibly can. Not that you have to only see him/her ever, or never talk to anyone else, but he/she should know that he/she can always count on you if he/she needs something. Also, expect the same loyalty from him/her.
16. Do not ever hide anything from him/her. Show your feelings about him/her and your relationship, whether good or bad! This way you will be able to overcome all the difficulties and challenges together.
17. Let your partner finish their point in an argument. Even if you disagree, count to 10 before responding. This will give you time to really listen to what they are saying and to formulate a response.
18. Bond with each other’s families. It’s a gift to your spouse when you blend in well with his parents and siblings.
19. Brag to others about something your partner has achieved. This will show him that you support his goals and are happy when he reaches them.
20. Apologize when you are wrong. He/she will appreciate it above all.
21. Give him/her some space. Everyone needs their own privacy and some freedom, so don’t constantly watch everything he/she does. Everyone hates to be watched, stifled and controlled.
22. Never compare him other to others. No one likes to be compared to other people. This is something you should never do.
23. Tell your partner that you are proud to be with him. This will boost his self-esteem and confidence in your relationship.
24. Make decisions about big plans and purchases together. If you are thinking about buying a new car or wanting to move into a house, never take it upon yourself to go to the dealership or call a realtor. Discuss major plans and decisions together.
25. Support your partner in reaching his goals. Always become a support of your partner. If he wants to lose weight, do not buy chocolate. In fact, try to eat healthier along with them.
26. Go on a date. Planning a date night once months will keeps your relationship wormer.
27. Never go to bed angry. Try to resolve any issues before bed time.
28. Let your partner know when you miss him. This will let him know that you are thinking about him even when you two are not together.
29. Go for an adventure together. Explore a place that neither of you have been. This can be a vacation spot or somewhere local.
30. Wake your loved one up with kisses and cuddles. This will keep the affection alive in your relationship.
31. Go to a sporting event together. If your partner likes baseball, purchase tickets to see his favorite team play.
32. Listen. Listen to what your loved one has to say. Sometimes it is so easy to drift off while he is speaking, but make an effort to listen.
33. Organize a romantic night. Candles and romantic dinner, Even if the night will end up with you falling asleep, he will appreciate the effort.